Wednesday 16 January 2013

Colab


When I think of designer collaborations with fast fashion brands, the words that instantly come to mind are not 'want, need, buy'. Call it avoiding buying into the hype, or not buying into the commoditisation of luxury (using big words - you know it's serious!). I'm really trying my best not to turn this into a rant, I promise... In fact, I don't need to - you can read Eugene Rabkin's brilliant rant here, or as he might call it, a discussion on the 'democratisation of fashion'. Either way, what a genius! 

The newest designer collaboration in question is Prabal Gurung for Target, and surprisingly, it's good. Really good. That is, provided you're not naive enough to say that you're buying into the range purely because you like the designer. Then that just makes it awkward for everyone involved. 

But don't take my word for it. Check it out here. Or see a few of my favourites below. 
Source: Elle.com
Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment